Friday, April 13, 2012

Warmth For Haiku Heights

This Haiku is written for Haiku Heights . The word is Warmth and this is my entry .


WARMTH 

A pair of loving eyes

Still watching and inspiring me

In my moments of despair n solitude

 

You are gone, among the heavenly stars

But the whiff of your existence

Still lingers and gives warmth


P.S :  The inspiration of this haiku is my grandmother ( a feisty lady who lived life on her own terms and always inspired to achieve my dreams) . I am very proud of her. 

9 Beautiful people shared their thoughts:

Pranita said...

Very beautiful lines... but you might want to look into the rules of Haiku... You gotta take care of the syllable count in each line..

:)

Sweta said...

Thanks Pranita !
This is my first time ( was not aware of syllable limitations )
Will definitely take care of that in the next one :-)

Sankara Jayanth S said...

Beautiful. as Pranita pointed out, take care of the syllable count..:)

welcome to Haiku then.. :)

PattiKen said...

And I'm sure she is very proud of you too. Lovely tribute.

Tarang Sinha said...

Beautiful…really beautiful composition Shweta!

But yes there’re syllable restrictions in Haiku. It should be in 3-5-3 or 5-7-5 (Syllables) form :)

Ramesh Sood said...

Loving eyes
still inspiring me;
solitude..

glittering
like a star you bless;
so much warmth..

see how it looks now.. 3-5-3.. but you can try 5-7-5 too.. well done.. recreate and enjoy the magic..

RS:)

Sweta said...

@Jayanth Thank you!

@Pattiken Thank you for your inspiring words!

@Tarang Thank you !

@Ramesh Sood Thats so wonderfully said !

Anonymous said...

last one was very sad

alive on subway senryu

Sweta said...

@Zongrik Thank you!Life's truths are usually very sad !Is n't it ?